Rollover accidents involving large trucks often end with extensive property damage and serious injuries. If an individual was injured in an accident with a truck that rolled over, there are a few things they are going to want to do in the days following the accident. This includes:
- Seeking medical treatment. If an individual wasn’t immediately transported to an area hospital for their injuries following the occurrence of the truck accident, they should consider seeking medical attention if they begin to notice any signs of injury, including minor discomfort.
- Contacting a Las Vegas truck accident lawyer. Although a truck accident victim might be inclined to discuss their case with the insurance company or the at-fault party, they should refrain from doing so until they have spoken with an experienced truck accident attorney in Las Vegas. The reason being is that insurance companies will often try and get victims to say things that could later be used to diminish the value of their case.
- Writing down the physical/mental struggles they are experiencing as a result of the wreck. If a truck accident victim has a viable case and decides to later pursue the tr-fault party for compensation, these notes will help them in proving how the incident has impacted their life and livelihood.
- Keeping record of expenses incurred as a result of the accident. Whether an accident victim had to pay for their trip to the emergency room or they incurred costs associated with traveling to and from their physician’s office, all accident-related expenses should be documented. This too will help a victim who later decides to pursue the at-fault party for compensation.
What are some common causes of rollover truck accidents?
Large trucks are more prone to rolling over than smaller vehicles, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), and often do so for one of the following reasons:
- The driver is inexperienced. Operating a large truck, especially one that is hauling thousands of pounds of product isn’t an easy job and should only be done after a person has gone through extensive experience and training. Unfortunately, not all truck drivers who are hired to operate these vehicles have the right amount of experience to complete the job.
- Lack of caution
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Driving too fast for roadway conditions
- Making a sharp turn or stopping too fast which causes cargo to shift.
When should a truck accident victim contact an attorney?
A truck accident victim can never contact a Las Vegas, NV truck accident lawyer too early. In fact, the sooner, the better. A truck accident lawyer will not only review the details surrounding the incident to determine if a victim has a viable case, but they will also provide them with an estimate for what it is worth. Although a person’s case could increase later on once they know the extent of their injuries, bringing a lawyer on board shortly after the wreck is usually in the best interest of the victim.
If an individual was recently involved in a truck accident in Las Vegas or the accident occurred a few months ago, USAttorneys.com can get them connected with an attorney in their area who will be happy to help them understand their right to compensation.