Florida – October 19, 2020
Florida laws allow for accident victim compensation, after the assignment of fault, based on claims of negligence that are filed for car accidents occurring in Kendall Florida. An experienced attorney at the Miller Trial Law Firm can answer questions and make it easier for victims to understand how the law applies to each individual’s case.
More than 395,000 car accidents occur in the Florida, resulting in millions of tickets written for traffic accidents on Florida Highways and Roads. Miller Trial Lawyers have experience with car accident claims and can help accident victims in Kendall to recover damages for personal injury, property loss, or wrongful death. When accidents can be caused by blatant negligent acts, such as reckless driving, distracted driving, or driving under the influence, which may result in criminal action and civil action, the recovery of damages is contingent upon a personal injury lawyer proving negligence of another individual, or entity that owed a duty of care to the victim.
The Miller Trial Law Firm has experience building winning cases after accidents in Kendall that may have awards to cover comprehensive damages for victims. A car accident lawyer at the firm can explain damage valuation determinations for auto insurance claims, and other accidents requiring compensation for:
- Compensatory damages: An accident lawyer can assist in determining what types of compensatory award damages to request for economic damages including lost wages, medical bills, medical care, and treatment, plus household expenses and non-economic damages including pain and suffering, loss of consortium, or companionship.
- Punitive damages: If an injury attorney can prove that a defendant deliberately, with reckless disregard, acted in a manner to cause harm to another person, punitive damages may be awarded in specific situations.
Statute of limitations and insurance.
Any accident case action attempting to recover damages must be undertaken within the four-year statute of limitations under Florida law, but wrongful death claims must be filed within two years. An attorney can guide individuals of any deviations from that timeline. Florida is a “no fault” insurance state with regard to accidents, so an accident victim may seek compensation from their own insurance to cover damages. When damages are catastrophic or costly, victims may need a car accident attorney to initiate a lawsuit to determine fault for the residual damage costs associated to an accident.
A wrongful death legal action can be brought by loved ones when a person dies because of the negligent, reckless, or deliberate act of another. Damages in these lawsuits can include:
- Medical bills and burial expenses
- Compensation for lost wages
- Compensation for the pain and suffering
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the person who caused the death.
Legal action after an accident.
An accident victim in Florida can take steps to minimize additional stress by hiring competent legal counsel at the Miller Trial Law Firm who can objectively speak on their behalf, build a winning case utilizing a variety of evidentiary methods in a courtroom, or against an insurance company’s legal team, and yield a swift and fair monetary settlement.
The Miller Trial Law Firm
Phone: (305) 697-8312
Fax: (305) 670-1496
Email: [email protected]
Address: Town Center One
8950 S.W. 74th Court, Suite 1711
Miami, FL 33156-1496