Cincinnati, OH – This past Friday a truck driver shut down an entire interstate in Cincinnati after shooting up heroin and overdosing.
The Daily Caller reports that Scotty Kinmon, age 28, was driving a semi-truck when he decided to shoot up heroin, causing him to pass out while behind the wheel. The truck then drifted across multiple lanes on Interstate-74 before finally hitting a guard rail.
While the truck accident did not injure any other people on the road, other drivers were able to rescue Kinmon from the semi-truck and perform CPR until first responders arrived. He was brought back to life with the help of the overdose drug, Narcan.
Some of the charges Kinmon will face include operation of a semi truck while under the influence of a controlled substance. The Daily Caller further reports that Kinmon already had a warrant out for his arrest from a heroin overdose on July 24th of this year.Have you been in a truck accident in Cincinnati? Find truck accident lawyers in your area today.
This isn’t the first time an incident like this has happened, according to the publication. Back in mid-July, a couple who were using heroin behind the wheel of their car crashed into a semi-truck, causing officials to completely shut down I-75 just outside Cincinnati.
Regardless of whether or not you were in a truck accident with a driver who was under the influence, or simply with a negligent driver, you need to be prepared on how to handle the situation afterwards.
Immediately after getting into a truck accident in Ohio, you need to do the following:
- Collect the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the truck accident.
- Find necessary medical care for yourself and everyone else involved with the truck accident.
- Fully cooperate with the police.
- Take photos of all the vehicles involved in the truck accident scene.
- Make sure you have all your important auto insurance information. This includes medical bills, declaration sheets, and any policy documents.
- Report your truck accident to the insurance company.
- Find out what insurance is available to cover your vehicle damage. Sometimes, it is better to report the truck accident claim to your own insurance company instead of to the other driver’s insurance company.
One of the most important things you can do after getting into a truck accident in Cincinnati is to not sign anything the insurance company gives you, or give them any official statements about the accident until you have had the opportunity to speak with a truck accident attorney in Ohio.
USAttorneys.com has some of the most reputable Cincinnati truck accident lawyers in our network who are all accredited and have successfully defended truck accident victims like yourself.
While there are multiple reasons that contribute to why people get into truck accidents in Ohio, be it the truck company’s negligence, driver inexperience, etc., our Cincinnati truck accident lawyers will not rest until those responsible are held accountable for their actions.
Contact our truck accident attorneys in Cincinnati today to schedule a free case evaluation.