For years, motor vehicle accidents have served as a leading cause of death in the U.S. and account for hundreds of thousands of visits to emergency rooms each year. Car crashes, especially those that occur at high impact, often result with those involved suffering severe injuries that leave them struggling with chronic pain and unable to meet their financial needs. After a person suffers an injury in a car crash that has caused them to become disabled, they may need financial assistance, especially if their condition requires ongoing medical treatment and they cannot work.


How can a disabled accident victim secure compensation after a wreck?


One of the reasons why car accident victims are encouraged to contact a Lake City, FL car accident lawyer following a wreck is because it is their duty to determine if a victim is entitled to compensation and where that compensation should come from. In a case involving a disability, it is likely the victim can recover compensation from various sources. Here are a few ways a car crash victim may secure compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc.


  1. File a claim with their insurance company and/or the carrier of the other party involved.

 After an accident in Florida, a driver can file a claim under their own policy as Florida follows no-fault insurance laws. In the event a driver’s policy limits aren’t enough to cover the serious injuries they suffered, they can then file a claim with the other driver’s carrier. If the carrier offers a settlement that undervalues the claimant’s damages, their Lake City, FL car accident attorney can then negotiate with the insurer in an effort to get the company to increase its offer.


  1. File a personal injury lawsuit against the party(ies) responsible for causing the accident.

If the other party is uninsured or underinsured, a victim may have the grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit against him/her for the various damages they may have suffered.


  1. Apply for Disability benefits.

If an accident victim is unable to work, cannot adjust to other work because of their medical condition, or their disability has or is expected to last at least one year, they may be entitled to receive disability benefits. To learn more about how to qualify for disability, click here.


Contact Koberlein Law Offices After Suffering a Permanent Disability in a Car Accident


If an individual suffered a disabling injury in a wreck in Lake City, Gainesville, or a nearby area and would like to have an attorney assess their case and determine if they are entitled to compensation, contact Koberlein Law Offices at one of their office locations listed down below.


Koberlein Law Offices can be reached at:


855 SW Baya Drive

Lake City, FL 32025

Phone: 386-269-9802



118 Ohio Avenue N, Suite A

Live Oak, FL 32064

Phone: 386-516-2626


8443 SW 14 Lane

Gainesville, FL 32607

Phone: 352-519-4357

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *