Sharing the road with an 18-wheeler is intimidating for many as one wrong maneuver could lead to a devastating or even fatal accident. While most truckers are careful and cautious in how they drive, there are a number of others who aren’t properly trained or employing the right safety measures when behind the wheel of one of these massive vehicles. Sadly, this leads to the occurrence of some of the deadliest and most expensive accidents.


What steps should I take after being run off the road by an 18-wheeler in or near to Greenwood, IN?


truck accident attorneys in Greenwood, IN

If a truck driver causes another driver to run off the road, their company can sometimes be held responsible for compensating the injured party for various damages.

Accidents caused by or involving 18-wheelers tend to be some of the more severe types of vehicle-related incidents that occur in the U.S. Not only do these accidents result in serious property damage, but those occupying the vehicles involved often suffer severe or life-threatening injuries. To ensure you and/or your loved ones are properly compensated for your injuries and that the driver is held liable for his/her reckless behavior, you should consider following the steps provided below that can help you accomplish both.


  1. When a trucker runs you off the road in Indiana, it shouldn’t be taken lightly. Truck drivers are held to a certain standard as they are not only responsible for transporting costly and/or hazardous cargo, but they are also expected to follow certain rules and regulations that help keep all others sharing the road with them safe. That is why the first step we suggest you take is to hire a truck accident lawyer. Attorneys such as David M. Henn, who has experience in handling cases involving large trucks such as 18-wheelers and semis are familiar with these rules and regulations and will be able to help you pinpoint which ones the trucker violated. This is one of the first steps in obtaining solid evidence that can be used to file your lawsuit.


  1. The next step you might consider taking is reporting the trucker to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). You can use FMCSA’s online reporting tool to file a complaint against the trucker and/or their company for unsafe driving. Notifying the right agency will also help you in recognizing the driver for their negligent behavior.


truck accident law firms in Greenwood, IN

Find out what damages you are entitled to recover compensation for by speaking with a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer in Greenwood, IN.

Because it is essential that you retain a Greenwood, IN truck accident lawyer immediately after being run off the road by an 18-wheeler, you won’t want to wait to contact Henn Haworth Cummings + Page at 317-279-4684 to speak with attorney David M. Henn. If you are entitled to recover compensation for your property damage, pain and suffering, or even the medical expenses you are now being asked to pay for the treatment you had rendered, this firm is sure to get you the maximum amount of compensation you are eligible to receive.


Henn Haworth Cummings + Page is located at:


1634 W Smith Valley Road, Suite B
Greenwood, IN 46142