Trucks are unique motor vehicles not only because of the fact that they are large in weight and volume and difficult to maneuver but also because they are subject to a specialized set of laws and are not governed by the same laws as other motor vehicles such as cars or motorcycles.
Trucks, truck drivers, trucking operators, and truck maintenance vendors in Minnesota are not only governed by state trucking laws but are also subjected to and must adhere to federal trucking laws that were originally drafted and enforced by the FMSCA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration).
Obviously, the intention of having such an extensive section of laws to deal exclusively with trucking and trucking operations is to make sure that business is carried out in an effective and (most importantly) safe manner. Despite these efforts to ensure that trucking is executed as safely as possible, inevitably, hundreds of truck accidents continue to be reported every year which keeps Minnesota truck accident lawyers on their toes.
The physical attributes of trucks and rigs are such that it is very seldom that a trucking accident is not of a serious, fatal, or catastrophic nature. Both state and federal trucking laws mainly focus on some of the most common reasons for trucking accidents and seeks to eradicate such occurrences.
A stellar lawyer
If you have been in a truck accident or are the victim of a truck driver, there is only door you need to walk through next. That is the door of Patrick Burns. His law firm’s website can be seen right here. He knows this arena and if you are injured and have a claim, Patrick Burns is one of the lawyers in the industry.
Common truck accident causes in America
According to Minnesota truck accident attorneys, some of the most common reasons for truck crashes are as follows:
- Driver fatigue – it is common practice for truck drivers to endure long periods of continuous work in order to make some extra money through overtime. However, fatigued drivers are shown to have slow reaction times and are therefore prone to accidents and are a risk to everyone on the roads.
- Maintenance issues – Trucks are large vehicles with many moving parts that are prone to frictional wear and tear, and therefore require regular servicing.
- Impaired drivers – alcohol and trucks do not go well together.
Common Reasons for fracking truck accidents
Fracking is the procedure through which fluids are injected under immense pressure into rocks, boreholes, and other sites so as to disintegrate the structure to facilitate extraction of oil and natural gases. This industry has created tens of thousands of high paying jobs for Americans and allowed America to finally offer some competition to Middle Eastern oil. Now more of America’s money is not going to questionable sources but remaining inside America while oil prices have been lowered. But there some road issues that has come with this industry boom.
Fracking companies depend completely on trucks for the collection and delivery of raw materials (oil, natural gases, sand, etc.). However, as per Minnesota truck accident lawyers, fracking truck accidents are steadily on the rise and here are some of the reasons why:
- The process of fracking (one cycle) is estimated to require anywhere between 2,000-4,000 truck trips, this sheer number increases the odds of an accident.
- Fracking trucks often travel on poor, hilly roads as their destinations are usually remote sites.
- These trucks even leave spillage on roads which causes further accidents
- Fracking trucks are exempt from FMSCA laws
- Fracking truck drivers and staff are under trained according to many in the legal community
- Fracking trucks are poorly maintained since there are no strict regulations
- Fracking truck drivers are no exception to fatigue and sleep deprivation
If you or a loved one has been injured or you have lost someone in a truck accident, you have the right to seek compensation. To make sure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve you ought to consult an experienced Minnesota truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Too anxious to make the phone call? Do you believe waiting for a lawyer to show up is the best strategy? It is not. Calling Patrick Burns who can be found on his site – http://burns-law.mn/ – is the best route for you to take.